|Offers of donor milk must be posted by the person who produced the milk.|
- Find a local chapter page and click on the ‘Like’ button at the top right of the page;
- Check for current needs on the page;
- Post an offer on the Wall with some background information regarding location, whether this is an ongoing or a one time offer, the age of the child, the best way to be contacted, etc.;
- Check for comments on the offer regularly.
- Connect with potential recipients via private messages.
For any assistance with posting, please contact the admin of the page via the ‘Message’ button at the top right of the page.
Because Facebook is a public forum, some people prefer to offer breastmilk without revealing their identity. Please contact the admin of the page via the ‘Message’ button with the donation and background information. The admin will then post the donation on the Wall. It, however, remains the responsibility of the donor to check on the post and follow up on requests.
If there are no needs at the time of posting, breastmilk can stored for future needs.
It is up to donor and recipient to connect with each other, to check in on posts and to follow up with a request.
Not on Facebook:
- Please email us with the donation and appropriate background information, including a contact to share. The donation will be posted on the relevant Facebook page(s) and recipients will make private contact.
If donations are offered on a more regular basis, a Facebook account is suggested as it allows for a more effective connection with recipients.
Next section: After finding a recipient.